JAM (2005) Enterprises
C-NRPP*-Certified Radon Measurement Services
* C-NRPP = Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program
At JAM (2005) Enterprises, I am focused on providing :
- C-NRPP-certified radon gas measurement service with the highest levels of customer satisfaction within an affordable framework and timely fashion.
- education of the public on the nature and hazards of radon gas. An educated public is an enlightened public !
- supplying quality Long Term (LT) Radon Test Kits to the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) market
- testing well water radon concentrations and supplying DIY Radon Water Test kits (Accustar) This is primarily for rural customers who already have a high air radon level.
Short Term Testing 2-7 days
- Radstar 300i Continuous Radon Monitor (CRM) with hourly report and graph: report is
- using Radelec E-PERM detectors
- $200 in-city, $250-$300 out-of city
Short-Term Testing 10-30 days
- Landauer Rapidos 2 Alpha Track Detector
- Rad Elec EPERM detector
- $200 in-city, $250 out-of-city
Real Estate Transactions (4-7 days)*
- concurrent twin Radstar 300i CRM's; report immediately given after test
- duplicate, concurrent Rad Eelec EPERM detectors
- $200 in-city, $250 out-of-city (* C-NRPP and CARST Guideline)
Long-Term Testing (91-365 days)
- recommended buy Health Canada and Public Health Departments
- in city $200., out of city $250-$300
- Landauer RapidTrak2 Alpha Track Detector
- all alpha track detectors are analyzed in Illinois USA and therefore take about 3 weeks for results after detector retrieval
- testing fees include detector setup, retrieval, shipping to the lab, analysis, and explanation of test results. Results are emailed to client within three weeks after detector pickup.
- all fees are subject to HST (13%)
- LT tests can also be performed with a Rad Elec EPERM as well; results are available after testing
- Fees are affordable in comparison to others offering similar services in the London area. Public buildings including schools, childcare centres, nursing homes, etc. are much more complex requiring placement of numerous detectors which increase the costs. Please contact me for more information about testing these. For rural customers we now offer WELL WATER RADON TESTING at a cost of $250 + HST. This uses the Accustar liquid scintillation kit which is analyzed in Massachusettes and includes water sampling by me, overnight FedEx dispatch of the sample, customs declaration, and report shortly after sample analysis. A report will be emailed to you.
We keep our fees at a reasonable level so that more people can take advantage of having a professional test at an affordable price.
GST/HST BN 807744438 RT0001
Do It Yourself (DIY) Applications
I also sell the Accustar AT-100 Long Term test kit itself for "Do-It-Yourself" applications ($49.95. + HST + $15.00 for [at-cost] expedited shipping to you if needed). See my "Web Store" for details and purchase or request one using the Request More Information form, email or phone.
Mitigation of excess radon is NOT part of my mandate although I am familiar with mitigation procedures in general terms. I feel that performing testing, mitigation and followup re-testing services together represents a potential conflict of interest for the client. C-NRPP-Certified contractors specializing in remediation and mitigation have a forte in this area. If necessary, I can refer you to a C-NRPP- qualified mitigation contractor in the SW Ontario area. They will usually offer free estimates on the mitigation system.
DIY Radon testing in WELL Water (shown on right) is a new service available to rural customers at a cost of $140 + HST + shipping to you. This includes instructions on sampling, data sheet and a pre-paid FedEx mailer (overnight to US lab) and heater pack. The water sample cannot be frozen on the way to the lab! A report will be sent to you within a day or two of receipt of the sample by the lab.
If you are interested in purchasing a ST (10-30 day) Landauer Rapidos alpha track detector (shown below) for DIY testing please contact me. The price point is $94.95 + HST + shipping to you. Lab fees are included but, the customer is responsible for shipping costs (approx $15) to the the US lab.